Back to Blog
Top 10 Website Design Tips
1. Make pages look uniformed. Your website design is a great way to brand your company. To do this you want your pages have similar design elements. For example, you can place your logo on each page or use your company colors on each page to distinguish your brand.
2. Choose colors wisely. Your color scheme should be your company/logo colors or very similar to help brand your company and give your website design a uniformed look. Your color should also make your content easy to read. Contrasting colors are best such as the classic black font on white background.
3. Use images sparingly. Too many images in your website design can distract from your actual content. Images should reinforce and add to the meaning of your content, not take away from it.
4. Limit animation and sounds. Just like images, animation, pop-ups and sound in your website design can drastically distract from your content. Limit these items and only include them if they back up the meaning of your content.
5. Make sure loading time is fast. In order for viewers to actually view your website design it needs to download fast. Generally, your website design should download within 2-3 seconds. Anything longer will cause potential viewers to lose interest and leave your site. Keep in mind that images, animation and pop-ups can slow down loading time – another reason to limit them.
6. Include easy navigation on every page. Easily add this to your website design by putting a menu bar across the top or down the side of every page. This menu bar should include a home button.
7. Limit advertisements. Ads are fine to include, but they shouldn’t take up your entire website design. The biggest part of your website should be your content and information. Ads should be an afterthought and only take up about 25 percent of your website design.
8. Use large enough and readable fonts. In order to get your message across font must be readable. Choose simple fonts such as Arial and make sure it’s big enough to be legible in many different browsers.
9. Use white space. Avoid the urge to fill every usable space of your website design with content, images or ads. White space will help your site feel less cluttered, as well as draw more attention to your content.
10. Test your website design. Once your website design is complete test loading time and appearance in many different browsers and applications. This will allow you to see problems and make tweaks to your website design as needed.
More from our Blog
Top 10 Website Design Tips
Website design is a great way to brand your company. To do this, follow the top 10 website design team from Designpax.
Mar 3, 2023