As the holiday season approaches, you’re likely to come across websites featuring little snowmen and twinkle lights. These additions to websites which usually loo the same can be fun and festive. However, before making the choice to redesign your website for a special occasion, there are a few things to consider.
- Redesigns are eye-catching and invoke excitement in regular visitors
- Redesigns are an opportunity to further brand your company with personality driven design and images
- While not breaking news, a redesign will give you something to talk about on social media sites and more.
- Redesigns for special occasions aren’t limited to only holidays but also business anniversaries, events, and more. These are all opportunities to teach your customers something more about your business (e.g. it is ten years old) and this knowledge will help them feel more bonded with your brand.
- Redesigns take time and effort. If you don’t have an in-house design and web team, you will need to hire a professional to get the job done right. Fortunately there are cost effective options available.
- Redesigns can go over the top and actually do damage to branding.
- Some holiday redesigns might alienate customers who don’t carry the same beliefs (e.g. a Christmas tree). Redesigns must be handled with the utmost care so as not to offend anyone.
Redesigning your website for a special occasion will also be fun for your company. Employees like to see internal changes that assimilate with things they are also looking forward to.
Comments will be approved before showing up.