There are virtually endless benefits to having a well-designed and optimized landing page for your business. Just because we have entered a new year doesn’t mean landing pages have gone out of fashion. If used correctly, landing pages can help you generate leads online and convert visitors to customers. So, how do you go about creating a perfect landing page in 2015? Let’s look at a few tips you can follow:
- To start things off, you have to add a headline for the page. You have to make it clear to the visitors what it is that they can expect from the landing page the moment they see the headline. This helps you ‘break the ice’ and captures the visitors’ interest from the outset.
- Instead of making the headline lengthy, you should write a short description under it which highlights what it is that you are offering on your landing page and how visitors can benefit from it, for instance a discount.
- You have to break up the content on your landing pages. Make sure you use headings and subheadings and add keywords in them.
- Carrying on from the previous point, you have to use keywords throughout the landing pages. Add keywords to the main text, headings, and even the title of the page. Check on Google’s ideal keyword density for landing pages to maximize results.
- Most importantly, you need to have a clear call to action on the page. You have to tell the visitors what it is that you want them to do. Make sure the headline and the calls to action are in sync so the landing page offers a seamless and coherent user experience to all visitors.
- Oh, user experience reminds us of the importance of making your landing pages easily navigable. You have to ensure the visitors can get from one part to the next without hassle.
- A form is a must on a landing page. Capture the visitors’ information while they are thinking of buying from you and you have a good chance of creating long-term customers.
In addition to the pointers mentioned above, keep the landing page clutter-free. All the text, images and other elements should be spaced out and look appealing to the eye as well as capture the attention of the visitors. Also, don’t forget to keep testing your landing pages and updating them as required.
So, follow these tips and you are well on your way to creating a perfect landing page in 2015.